Cant Find Your Answer Here? Email Us and we'll gladly answer any question you may have.
- What size shutters should I get for my windows? Should they be longer or shorter than them?
- Can I paint my shutters?
- How do I remove shutter loks?
- What kind of paint can we use on paintable shutters?
- Do I have to paint my paintable shutter?
- Do the shutters crack in extreme cold weather, or melt in extremely hot?
- Can you cut your shutters if they are too long?
- Can Master Shutters be purchased in any other color other than the 17 listed?
- Do our louvered style shutters come with solid louvers that you can't see through?
- Can all shutter hardware be used on all shutters?
- Can I stain my paintable shutter?
- When did our 40 year warranty go into effect?
- I need to order Custom Shutters, what information do you need from me?
- I need to mount my shutters onto an uneven surface, what can I use to staighten them out and give them more support?
- Why is the Maximum length on a one panel shutter only 50 inches?
- Can 3 inch loks be used on Board-N-Batten shutters?
- Are your shutters functional?
For recommended width please refer to our Recommended Width Chart. For the length, this is personal preference. For example, if you would like a functional look, you would measure inside the header down to the window sill. You can also align the shutters with the exterior trim around your window. (top)
If your shutters are color clear through, we do not recommend that you paint them, as you will void your warranty. It is difficult for the paint to adhere to the polypropylene product. (top)
To remove Shutter-Loks, they must be cut from behind the shutter using a pair of snips. (top)
For best results, we recommend Sherwin Williams A-100 (which is a 100% acrylic paint). If painting with with satin or gloss, XIM primer is recommended (which is an oil based primer). (top)
Yes, otherwise the shutter will turn a greenish/brown color, and it will deteriorate as well. (top)
No, they should not and are under a 40 year warranty in the event that this happens. (top)
We do not recommend that you cut your shutters as the warranty will be voided. (top)
Yes. Master Shutters can be produced in over 220 custom colors for large scale projects. The shutter order must be at least 100 pairs per color, per size. Different size shutters cannot be combined to achieve the minimum order. Custom Color orders have a 4-week lead time. Custom color orders cannot be cancelled and are non-returnable. An upcharge applies to custom color orders. Please call 1-800-581-4592 for more information. (top)
No, clips are for Master shutters only. (top)
No, the stain will not adhere to the shutter surface. (top)
In 1991 the 40 year warranty was implemented. Before that there was a standard 10 year warranty. (top)
When placing an order, please provide the exact Width and Length. When ordering the an offset mullion style, you must provide the measurement from top of shutter to top of mullion. (top)
I need to mount my shutters onto an uneven surface, what can I use to staighten them out and give them more support?
We recommend the Ferrule, which will be placed behind the shutters. You will need to trim the ferrule accordingly. Insert the Shutter-Lok through the hole of the shutter and into the Ferrule going into the wall. (top)
Because they do not have structural support over the large panel and they will become concave with time. (top)
No, they are for decorative purposes only. (top)